Demarketing the 360 Degree Marketing Strategy to Sustain
The Demarketing is the 360 degree Process where all the Marketing Activities have been taken place by the marketers. The Marketer Prepare the Advertisements, Budget Allocation for Future Demand, Suppliers Relationship, Customer relationship, Market Segmentation and Positioning Process.
THE REALITY OF DE-MARKETING & CONSUMERISM
It's a Mystery that Demarketing is related to Consumerism; well somehow both are related to each other. Demarketing Distract the Consumer from the Product for certain period of the Time Again the consumerism affects the consumer to purchase.
Well Demarketing is happened when the demand is over the production and Organization is not willing to spread the production. Well Its Does not mean that Organization do not want to get the profit but the availability of Raw Materials, Employees, Modification to Products hampered.
So the Marketers made decision to withdraw the product for certain period of time from the market and after that the Marketers prepare consumerism planning to attract the consumer for the new Products
CASE ON DEMARKETING (YAMAHA RX-100 TO YAMAHA FZ)
DEMARKETING AND CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR BY YAMAHA
As Consumer Behaviour is a Process to Involve in the Decision Making of Personnel purchase. Well The Internal and external Factors are affected by the Demarketing Process & the Behavioral Patterns are changed according to the decision of the marketers.
The Internal & External Factors consumer Factors are affected by the Demarketing the example of Yamaha Rx-100 to Fazer and Again Fazer to FZ a Quality Success with Brand Loyalty
YAMAHA RX-100 DEMARKETING-
Yamaha Utilized the Success of Yamaha Rx-100 the One and Only Bike 2-Stroke with Dashing Look and Great Pick Up, Well the Organization wanted to maintain Brand enduring with the existing and potential customer.
Demarketing Decision of Yamaha Rx-100 Because
* The Customers are attracted to the 4-stroke engines
* Yamaha Has a Maximum Production of 2-storke engines Like Yamaha RXZ,RX-100,Rx-135
* The Mass Production of 2-stroke engines made maximum supply and assembling cost
* The Competitors like Hero Honda (CD-100, CD-100SS) & Bajaj Lunched the Product 2-Stroke Bajaj Endura, KB 100 and 4 Strokes
* Yamaha Demarketed of Rx-100 and 135 for make the consumer sustain for the Future Products
* Yamaha Need a Budget allocation and New Product Development for Making Customer satisfy the customers.
* Making the Customer loyal by the Positive aspects of the Organization
Consumer Behaviour for YAMAHA after Demarketing
Affecting the Internal factor and Making the Consumer Loyal for the Brand and waiting for the new Products
* Motivations-Consumers are highly motivated by the brand and after Demarketing they steal waiting for Yamaha Rx-100, because the utility of the product is high and affordable to all the middle class people
* Attitude-The Positive Attitude for the Brand after Demarketing because the value which Yamaha provided is excellent.
* Group-As Yamaha is a Brand associate with ESCORT India, Every Group is Loyal to this Yamaha Brand and Highly Satisfied with Product
* Social Class- Every Social Class Upper Class, Middle Class, & Lower Class are satisfied with Brand and the Product as well.
That Means after Demarketing (With Draw) of Product YAMAHA HAS A GOOD WILL AND A GREAT BRAND NAME in India
THE SUCCESS STORY CONTINUE AFTER DEMARKETING
The Yamaha is simply with draw its product and the Competitors like Hero Honda, Bajaj Taking Lead after Yamaha
Now Yamaha Wanted to re-launch its Product along with the same Good Will & Same Style but due to Demarketing the Market Situations has been changed and the consumer preference has been change
YAMAHA FACING PROBLEM AFTER DE-MARKETING
* Due to Demarketing of Product Consumers are changed their Preferences.
* New Consumers have Different Living Standard & Living Style.
* The Consumers are not associated with the Pipeline Products
* The Heavy Product lines Made by the Competitors like Pulser, CBZ are the market leaders
THE MARKETING MIX AND POSITION BY YAMAHA FOR FZ
After a long period of Demarketing the Yamaha Brand wanted a Quick Market lead and Profit
The Marketing Decision Made by Yamaha for Lunching Quality and New Products Yamaha FZ
The Product is Simply Different than the Competitirs, acceptable by the society & Different Attributes like Digital System, Stylish Look, Sir Suspension in Middle, Specially Designed for the Male & look is Sporty Look. Yamaha Made a different strategy by lunching this product to attract the new generation consumers and defense against the Market Leaders like Pulser and CBZ
Now the Main part is Price, As Yamaha itself a great brand image but due to maximum product lines with different pricing structure, the costumers are in confused to purchase bikes, and Yamaha Made the pricing strategy not penetrating but Follow the leader Pricing, Means the price is as equivalent with the leaders products
The Promotion Made by YAMAHA is simply greatest among all the campaign planning, YAMAHA Made the Campaign of DHOOM Movie for lunching the FZ in Market by the Brand Ambassador Mr.Jhon Abraham
The Yamaha lunched his Product in Metros and Big Cities initially to check the response and after that commercial the product all over in India.
MARKET POSITIONING BY YAMAHA FZ
Yamaha Generally using Niche Marketing Strategy for the Young generation by making Dhoom Campaign as Brand Slogan
Yamaha Made the Colors and Designs different than competitors and Positioning in a different attributes inside the mind of the consumer.
My Findings throughout this study is
* Demarketing is Essential for the marketers to take appropriate decisions against the Budget allocation and Product Modification.
* Again Demarketing not only make the Demand and Supply Parallel but minimize the Weakness of a brand by making thirst for the product.
* Demarketing Strengthen the Brand and Emotional Bonding with the Consumer.
* Demarketing is a Process to take appropriate decisions for the Marketing Mix and Positioning of the products.
Marketing is an unending process, yesterday is not like today and tomorrow is different than today, So Continuing with same strategy will hamper the organization growth and good will. Demarketing is a vast decision to withdraw the product for modification and development. But somehow it's flexible to take this decision for future growth.
Demarketing is always a part of consumer satisfaction and sustains the consumer with quality products, The Marketers need time to parallel the supply and Demand, It's related to maintain the Bargaining power of both Buyers and Suppliers.
At-last Demarketing is a decision made by the marketers for 360 degree analysis of the marketing aspects.
* Relationship behavior between customers and service providers in demarketing situations: What makes customers try to improve their relationships Received (in revised form): 3 rd November 2011, Munshik Suh, Taeseok Rho, Henry Greene.
* Kotler on Strategic Marketing by John Roberts, Alvin Silk, Glen Urban (volume editor), and Jerry Wind.
* Has marketing come full circle? Demarketing for sustainability Kamaljit Sodhi.
* David Cull wick Positioning Demarketing Strategy
* Demarketing Strategy by Eitan Gerstner, Department of Business Administration North Carlonia State University & James Hess John M Olin College of Management, Washington University, Wujin Chu Sloan School of Management
* Narshmiha, Chakaravarti Price Discrimination Strategy.
* Consumer Behaviour and its Impact For Biju Pattnaik University of Technology, Odisha,Kalayani Publication House Vol-I,2006 Edition
Source: E-mail August 21, 2014
welcome to IndianMBA.com
IndianMBA.com | © AllWays Designs 2000-2014 | All Rights Reserved