Performance Appraisal has been the focus
of considerable research for almost a century. Performance appraisal (PA) is described as a search for better, more accurate, more cost effective communication techniques for measuring job performance and job satisfaction. This
paper focuses on the Role of Information Technology In Performance Management System and the Changes after adopting information Technology in an organization.
To help and automate the processes of Performance appraisal
management, organisations are increasingly taking the help of various performance management softwares which help to systematically record all the data about the employee performance, pre-determined targets and the results
achieved, compensation, succession planning and other related HR systems. The various forms can be filled online and can be submitted to the HR.
Key Words: Performance Appraisal, Information Technology, Succession Planning.
The rapid developments in the information technology
have not left any sphere of the human work life untouched. The organisations are growing in size, functions, are working across nations and thus are becoming more and more complex to handle. More and more organisations are integrating information technology (IT) in their human resource (HR) activities to improve their effectiveness.
Performance Appraisal Software
Performance Appraisal Software is a system that offers an innovative, cutting-edge approach to administering Employee Performance Appraisals/Reviews online, and will place
you at the technological forefront of this crucial Human Resources and Managerial function.
The growing size of the organisations, the competition in the labour market and the importance of the performance management and
appraisals have given way to the use of performance appraisal softwares. Many companies providing the HR services and the software companies provide the performance appraisal softwares.
ROLE OF IT IN PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
The performance appraisals softwares
automate the appraisal processes and assist the HR by adding online capacities to the processes. The software standardizes the appraisal process. The software applications also have guidelines for the users to guide them throughout the process, alerting the users about the errors and mistakes (if any), suggesting the appropriate language to be used, provides a systematic records of the necessary documents to the rater and the
Several software packages are available which also provide the 360 degree review program so that employees can get a multi-rater feedback about their performance.
TYPES OF SOFTWARE USED
Appraisal Smart Software
"Appraisal Smart is an intuitive web-based, online performance review system that really makes performance management a breeze. It's easy to use , in addition, it is not just a software
program; it is creative and innovative, and the customer service is fantastic.
It is a performance management software solution that handles the HR needs at a fraction of the cost of competitor products.
- Minimize the effort and cost of the employee performance appraisal process across the organization, and dramatically reduce paperwork.
- Ensure that corporate goals are achieved through the joint efforts of all the employees.
- Motivate employees with clear and easily online-accessible goals and objectives to enhance their performance.
- Hold people accountable for their work output, and establish a performance-based culture.
- Enhance the content and consistency of performance appraisals organization-wide.
- Promote manager-employee engagement and collaboration.
- Reduce line manager reluctance and fear to conduct performance appraisals with their staff.
- Adopt a fair employee performance management and review system that aims to retain your top performers and identify those employees who do not perform to expectation.
- Identify individual and organizational competency strengths and weaknesses.
- Have finger on the pulse regarding the status of staff appraisals organization-wide at any given moment in time.
- Have a record of all previous years' appraisals 'on tap' with the mere click of a mouse.
- Protects legally with detailed staff performance records to defend an organization against litigious ex-employees.
Smart 360 Software
Due to its unique design, the Smart360 System offers an unparalleled opportunity for employees to obtain targeted and high-quality feedback from Peers, Direct Reports, Managers and
Customers (internal and/or external), with a view to improved working relationships, team synergy, job performance, and customer service.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Smart360 is highly flexible, user-friendly and intuitive, with very little administrator training required.
- It accommodates 360 appraisals for ALL employee levels, and not just managers (as is frequently the practice).
- Use (customizable) question/competency sets and rating scales, or add your own.
- Set rating to be done at the competency level OR the behavioural indicator level (another world-first).
- Internal employees AND external parties (such as external customers) can be involved as raters.
- All 360 raters (internal and external) receive a system-generated email containing an embedded hyperlink that opens the 360 questionnaire directly (no need to log into any system).
- Easy monitoring of rater response progress—presented in real-time, online.
- The system keeps a permanent record of employee 360 appraisals in a click-accessible database, so improvement progress can be tracked over time.
- Five report types are generated: (1) Tabular (2) Graphical (3) Narrative (4) Aggregate, and (5) Trend Analysis. The Narrative Report is another key differentiator of Smart360, as we believe (and our clients agree) that
rater WRITTEN feedback is much more valuable than just indicating rating gaps between raters and appraisees (feedback recipients).
- Smart360 does not just focus on DEVELOPMENT NEEDS, it also asks raters to give feedback to 360 appraisees on their STRENGTHS as well (per competency), to provide balanced feedback, and to encourage and tell appraisees what
they should keep on doing (this is yet another important differentiator of Smart360).
- Smart360 is a web-based (Software-as-a-Service) 360-degree feedback system, built upon the latest Microsoft ASP.NET platform, but it can also be installed on your own server (intranet).
Halogen E-Appraisal Software
Halogen eAppraisal is an award winning web-based system that simplifies and enhances the entire employee performance appraisal process. Its extensive and easy to use feature set
helps both HR administrators and line managers produce better performance appraisals in half the time. It also provides your organization with a powerful tool to help develop your critical talent year round, align employee goals
and drive bottom line success.
Halogen's award-winning Employee Performance and Talent Management Suite is already working with almost every HRIS on the market, including home grown systems.
There are a number of ways
of moving employee data and relationships from your HRIS or payroll system into the Halogen solution including: flat file, web services and database-to-database.
- Appraisal Management
- On-Target Goal Management
- Competency Management
- Career and Development Planning
- 360 Degree/ Multi-rater Assessments
- Compensation Management
- Succession Planning
Importing Text Files
Halogen provides you with simple to use interfaces that walk you through the process of importing forms, data on competencies, project information and lists of users and multirater
evaluators from prepared text files. It speeds up process administration and allows you to include customized information in your Halogen application.
Web Services for HRIS integration
services let you create your own interface from your HRIS to Halogen's Employee Performance and Talent Management Suite. It includes all methods required to insert, update, delete and retrieve user information from Halogen's
Employee Performance and Talent Management database.
Review SNAP's Software
Review SNAP's acclaimed Web-based performance management system allows you to completely automate your employee
performance review, 360 degree feedback surveys and compensation tracking. And it will helps an organization maximize employee performance while making the performance appraisal experience more
rewarding for all involved. Moving to an automated, Web-based system will help increase morale and engagement, create a culture of accountability and minimize or eliminate the apprehension sometimes associated with
completing performance reviews.
Organizations of all sizes and types around the world are using Review SNAP. The system is easy to implement, fully customizable, user-friendly and affordable. It consists of all the
tools needed to streamline performance management process. And, as a Web-based solution, there is no need to load or maintain any software internally.
is a web-based Global HR software product that covers all aspects of an employee's lifecycle in an organization - right from recruitment to performance management, growth, management and eventual exit. It helps automate all HR
processes in your organization and provides strategic inputs to all stakeholders including HR Managers, Management, Managers and Employees.
Over 250 configurable reports and graphical analytics provide valuable inputs to all
levels of management and HR Departments for critical decision making.
Key Benefits of EmpXtrack HR Software:
- Web base software available in the SaaS model
- One of the most comprehensive product in the market built with years of research and customer inputs.
- Covers all areas of Human Resources including Employee Performance Management, Applicant Tracking and Recruitment, HRIS (Employee Database Software), Payroll Software¥, Employee Self Services¥and
many-many more features with a ready-to-use solution.
- Significant customization options available to help adapt the product to your specific processes and needs.
- Offered in many different options (5 different editions) based on your current requirements.
- Our product range provides solutions to organizations of all sizes. Whether you are a startup of 20 employees or an enterprise with thousands of employees, EmpXtrack HR Software can empower your Human Resource Management
- User-friendly and completely web-based that can be accessed anywhere and anytime from any computer connected to Internet or your business Intranet (depending on your hosting choice).
- Flexible pricing model with a low front-end cost. You can add features and employee licenses as your needs increase over time.
- Built-in security allows role based access.
With iPerformance an organization easily creates and delivers more effective and insightful performance reviews which result in enhanced communication and a more
iPerformance is a timesaving collection of tools that integrates the complete evaluation process to include job profiling, competency management, assessment, reviews, objective setting and development
iPerformance Gives An Organization the Ability to:
- Produce quality reviews rapidly with significantly reduced paperwork
- Assess talent bench strength for important business decisions
- Identify skill gaps and plan for development
- Identify and track employee skills, competencies and goals
- Enhance communication between employees, managers and human resource professionals
- Align employee objectives with business objectives
- Provide online access globally
IBM SPSSAd hoc Analysis
Ad hoc Query
Ad hoc Reporting
Budgeting & Forecasting
Consolidation / Roll-Up
Custom User Interface
Key Performance Indicators
Legacy System Integration
Software Development Kit
An organization has more data than ever, but spreadsheets and basic statistical analysis tools limit its usefulness. IBM SPSS Statistics software
helps to find new relationships in the data and predict what will likely happen next. It gives insights for decision making.
PROPHIX SOFTWAREAd hoc Analysis
Ad hoc Query
Ad hoc Reporting
Budgeting & Forecasting
Consolidation / Roll-Up
Custom User Interface
Key Performance Indicators
Legacy System Integration
Best of breed performance management software implemented at a fraction of the cost. PROPHIX offers a multi-user, turn-key solution for budgeting, forecasting, reporting,
consolidation, personnel planning and more. PROPHIX proudly offers award-winning multi-user financial software applications for budgeting, planning, financial consolidation, management reporting and analysis.
Rypple is a social performance management software that helps managers and employees improve performance. Essentially, Rypple replaces the traditional performance review with a
more social and collaborative approach. The software has been compared to a "Zynga for the enterprise," and allows managers to track projects, guide their team and give kudos to deserving staff for others to see within its online
The new Sales force Rypple basically achieves the same goals, except within Sales force's interface and with more integrations with platforms like Chatter. Basically employees and administrators can set goals,
manage objectives, and provide feedback and recognition all from within their employee social network.
What makes Sales force Rypple unique is that Sales force customers will be able to motivate their teams by giving them
Thanks directly from within Sales force on leads, accounts and more. For example, a salesperson will able to give Thanks to a customer service agent for providing great service to a customer, or a sales manager will be able to give
Thanks to a sales representative for closing a deal. These Thanks will appear in a person's Chatter (Salesforce's social network) feed. And all recognition a person receives will become part of their social profile in Sales force.
Managers and teams will also be able to create custom badges to recognize team and individual achievements. Appearing in the Chatter feed, these actions can be seen my other employees, commented on, or liked.
LAWSON TALENT MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Lawson Talent Management, helps to keep a critical talent engaged and motivated while helping to support company's strategic goals.
Lawson Talent Management helps to
link people with business strategy, empowers to make an immediate and lasting impact on an organization's success. Plus, it helps to arrange key HR functions so an organization can find and keep the right people. As a
result, it helps:
- To identify top candidates and enable more strategic hires.
- Perfect compensation levels and benefit plans.
- Design training plans based on business goals.
- Create development opportunities for top performers.
- Help reduce attrition and flight risk.
With Lawson Talent Management, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. In other words, though they can be implemented in a variety of ways, the separate applications work best when they work together to form a robust and
efficient talent management systemUnlimited, Multiple Workflows: Create a single or multiple workflows to accommodate the diverse needs of an organization.
Calendar & Anniversary Based Scheduling: Appraisals can be put on a schedule to automatically advance, can be a fixed calendar date, or based on the anniversary of the employee's hire date.
Concurrent Appraisals: Employees may have more than one appraisal at a time. Run a 90-day appraisal for a new hire while also tracking performance for the annual company appraisal.
360 Appraisals: Include both internal and external participants. 360 feedback can be gathered from virtually any source; clients or vendors can be solicited for feedback of an employee, which may be incorporated into the formal
appraisal process if desired, or simply done on an ad-hoc basis.
Maintain competitive pay levels while managing payroll costs; manage total compensation, including pay-for-performance, compensation planning and
Global Human Resources
Help manage and maintain core aspects of a global workforce, including country-specific attributes. Simplify HR processes while supporting multi-national and
other highly-complex organizations.
Help align employee goals with business objectives. Cascade information down through the organization so everyone – from top executives to individual
employees – can see how their goals affect overall organizational success.
Learning & Development
Design training plans based upon employee, management, and strategic planning inputs.
Assess employee performance and develop and retain top talent.
Create plans for filling both expected and unexpected vacancies. Track high performers and
talent gaps. See how the overall process is working for your organization.
Beat the competition to the best and the brightest talent. Help find top performers, engage them and get them on
board faster and more cost-effectively.
HR SMART SOFTWARE
HRsmart provides the only SaaS, Unified Talent Management software in the world that enables organizations of all sizes to
identify, recruit, develop, motivate and retain top performers. Included in HRsmart's product offering is: Applicant Tracking, Employee Performance Management, Human Resource Management Software
, Learning Management and much more.
HRsmart technology supports clients with fewer than 200 employees to organizations with over 200,000. An easy to use, proven solution, HRsmart technology allows companies
all over the world to manage their entire employee lifecycles within one webpage.
HRsmart's Employee Performance Management Solution
(EPM) provides a way to enhance accountability and visibility within your organization by automating and tracking the appraisal process.
Increase employee retention
with ongoing, interactive feedback coupled with a clear development plan.
Access real-time data in the reporting chain and employee profiles through this configurable solution.
The Employee Performance Management solution (EPM) is a SaaS, web-based, interactive solution for automating the appraisal process and allows for the inclusion of competencies, goals, cascading
goals, and more.
The solution can be used by any size organization, whether small business or global corporations, due to its high level of configurability. Restrict or grant users permission and create single or multiple
workflows to support your organization's diverse needs. Since EPM is unified with the rest of HRsmart's Talent Management modules, it allows organizations to leverage data gathered on all aspects of the employee's career, resulting
in a well-rounded view of each employee and a more powerful reporting capability.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
HRsmart's technology provides a deeper level by offering all solutions on the same platform with a single unified database. Data and cross-module analytics are available immediately throughout the entire
solution updates made via a single screen.
Employee performance appraisals are considered a necessary element for the provision of information about the performance of employees in a company.
The whole purpose of performance appraisals is to build and to retain a satisfactory level of performance and one of its essential purposes is to assist the superiors and gain a proper understanding of their subordinates. For this
many performance management softwares are introduced.
Thanks to the development and evolution of managerial systems of appraisal, a number of techniques and tools have been developed to help managers evaluate the performance
of their employees periodically. The softwares are modified in such a way that a manager can evaluate and compare an individual's performance on a scale basis.
Thanks to these rating scales significant limits and dimensions
of the project or job can be properly recognized and classified. That is the reason a large number of management professionals are looking for the best performance appraisal software - the growing need to be able to evaluate the
capabilities of their employees.