MAT Entrance Exam is approved by Ministry of HRD, Government of India as a National Entrance Test.
MAT Exam structure is of 200 questions spread across 5 sections with difficulty level of questions varying from
easy to moderate. The crux to crack MAT Test is speed and accuracy. MAT test is held 4 times in 1 year and the
major difference in the four MAT exams is of the number of participating Management Institutes, a figure
which varies from 300 to 400.
Prominent MBA Colleges/BSchools accepting MAT Scores in India
(listed alphabetically) :
1. Alliance, Bangalore (www.alliancebschool.org)
2. Amity, Noida (www.amity.edu
3. Christ University, Bangalore (www.christuniversity.in)
4. EDI, Ahmedabad (www.ediindia.org)
5. EMPI, New Delhi (www.empiindia.com
6. IBMR, Bangalore (
7. IILM, Institute for Higher Education (www.iilm.edu)
8. Institute of Rural Management (IRM), Jaipur (www.iirm.ac.in)
9. M S Ramaiah, Bangalore (www.msrim.org)
10. NILM, Delhi (
11. SCMS, Cochin (Kochi) (www.scmsgroup.org)
12. Siva Sivani, Hyderabad (www.ssim.ac.in)
13. University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun (www.upes.ac.in)
14. XISS, Ranchi (www.xiss.ac.in)
Pattern of MAT Test :
MAT is an objective type test with multiple-choice answers. The test is designed to measure a person's general
aptitudes as the following table indicates: MAT written exam tests the aptitude of the candidate in a number of areas. It usually consists of questions related to :
1. English Language / Grammar & Comprehension
2. Mathematical Skills & Quantitative Ability
3. Data analysis / Data Interpretation and Sufficiency skills
4. Logical Reasoning / Ability skills and
5. General Awareness of the Indian and Global environment
Eligibility for MAT Test :
Graduates in any discipline. Final year students of Graduate Courses can also apply.
How to apply:
Candidate can choose any one of the four modes to apply.
* Register online at website link
http://apps.aima.in/matdec15 with Credit Card or Debit Card (ATM Card) payment of Rs.1200. Detailed procedure is given on the website link. Or
* Register online at website link http://apps.aima.in/matdec15
by making payment of Rs.1200/- through
Net Banking. Detailed procedure is given on the website link. Or
* Obtain crossed Demand Draft (DD) of Rs.1200/- in favour of "All India Management Association" payable at Delhi from
any Bank. Register online at website link http://apps.aima.in/matdec15 alongwith the DD details. Detailed procedure is given on the website link Or
* Obtain form with MAT Bulletin/CD against cash payment of Rs.1200/- from listed Nodal Centres of AIMA
or from AIMA office at New Delhi.
Preparation Strategy to Crack MAT Exam:
MAT Test pattern :
No. of Sections : 5
No. of questions : 200
No. of questions for each section : 40
Time : 150 minutes
MAT Test contains question from GK
MAT Test has negative marking.
Strategy to Crack MAT MBA Entrance Exam :
Though MAT is
a relatively easier exam than CAT, considering the competition and speed required (200 questions in 2.5 hours) one should take care of the following :
1. Clear your concepts of 8-9-10 standard maths (preferably NCRT)
2. Extensive Reading on current issues, business, economics etc (Magzines and National Newspapers)
3. Regular (Daily) puzzle solving
4. Solve as many questions in all areas of the CAT Test. Subscribe to study material from
any national coaching center or download from internet. This practice will give you the required speed needed for MAT.
5. Daily write one essay (2-3 pages) on any one topic (currently issues, business etc) of your choice.
Try refining them after 1 month.
6. Speak English 24x7 for fluency & confidence
7. Increase your vocabulary by over 1000 words (ie memorize & then use 20 new words daily)
8. Watch only English TV Channels & Movies
All India Management Association (AIMA)
Management House, 14 Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003
Helpline: +91-11-24608500, 24638896, 47673020, Fax: +91-11-24626689
E-mail: email@example.com Website: www.aima.in
MAT Exam Notification:
Eligibility Criteria and Procedure for MAT December 2015
Click here for details
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Results
MAT Coaching Classes in India