An exclusive 2 days FDP on Advances in Finance for Faculty in Business Schools and Ph. D./ Fellow students in Management
To update participants on developments in Financial Management stream and help practitioners learn and appreciate latest trends, issues and
challenges in Finance.
This programme will:
Help participants learn about contemporary issues in Finance.
* Assist in research activities in finance
* Help develop a logical approach for developing latest
inputs as course material for class room.
* Facilitate acquisition of latest techniques and tools of analysis and decision making in finance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is well suited for faculty
members of business schools specializing in Financial Management stream in both University and AICTE approved institutions.
Programme is also useful for Ph. D/ fellow students in Finance and practitioners aspiring to teach
Financial Management courses in business schools.
After attending this program, participants should be able to:
* Gain a greater understanding of latest trends, issues and challenges
confronting Financial Manager in corporate world and Financial services.
* Develop a framework for grasping and up-grading curriculum in Finance.
* Develop course material in Finance with contemporary insights.
* Sharpen Financial Management skills and competencies.
* Develop case studies, exercises, examples and research topic ideas.
The program shall use experiential learning through case studies,
exercises and discussions. The principles come alive in the person's experience through real time application of concepts and techniques on exercises and case studies.
Issues and Challenges in Finance
* Globalization and Finance
Financial Services Management
* Advances in Bank and Insurance Management
* Personal Wealth Management
* Innovations in Financial Services
Investment and Portfolio Management
* Online Security Trading
* Bond Portfolio Management – Duration & Convexity
* Treasury Management
International Financial Management
* International Taxation & Transfer Pricing
* International Portfolio Management
Financial Risk Management
* Financial Derivatives and Financial Engineering
* Value at Risk
* Issues in Risk Management
* Prof. (Dr.) S.S. Yadav, Head of the Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi – Prof.. Yadav received his Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.) from Indian Institute of Technology (I.I.T.) Kanpur, MBA from
University of Delhi, DESS (equivalent to M.Phil.) from University of Paris 2 and Ph.D. in management from University of Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne. Currently, he is Head of the Department of Management Studies and visiting professor
at University of Paris, INSEEC Paris, Paris School of Management and at University of Tampa, Florida, USA. Prof. Yadav has published nine books in finance and international finance in English and in French. He has carried out
several sponsored/consultancy projects. He has been running an online e-learning Executive Development Programme in collaboration with Macmillan India Ltd.
* Dr. A.K. Mishra, Professor, IIM Lucknow - Dr. A.K. Mishra
is a Professor in the area of Finance & Accounting at IIM, Lucknow. He has over twelve years of post Ph.D. academic, research, consultancy and training experience in the field of Financial Management, Management of Financial
Services, Security Analysis & Portfolio Management, Management of Financial Institutions and International Finance. American Biography Institute of USA had honoured Dr. Mishra with the titles of Distinguished Leadership and Man
of the Year-1998. He has been a faculty at National Institute of Financial Management, Faridabad; Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad and Centre for Management Development, Modinagar. He has been associated with ICWAI,
ICFAI, ICSI, ICAI, and IGNOU as examiner and paper setter. His research interests include Venture Capital Financing, Management of Financial Services, Banking and Corporate Finance with publications in reputed journals and books.
Dr. Mishra has authored books on Venture Capital Financing in India, International Finance and Global Capital Market and Financial Accounting for Managers. Dr. Mishra has been rendering advisory/consultancy services to many
companies and government agencies. He has been conducting management development programmes for practising senior & middle level executives of corporate & non-corporate sectors. and programmes for senior civil servants of
India & South Asian Countries.
* Dr. Alok Pandey, Associate Professor, Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad – Dr. Pandey is a Doctor of Philosophy (International Finance) from University of Lucknow and
holds a Masters degree in International Business Administration (MIBA) from Faculty of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University (FMS, BHU). As an Associate Professor in Finance & International Business area at Institute of
Management Technology, Ghaziabad (IMT, Ghaziabad), he teaches International Financial Management, Financial Derivatives, Treasury Management and Financial Management. He has also been a Senior Associate Professor at National
Institute of Financial Management. He has been a visiting professor at Indian Institute of Management (Lucknow), Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (New Delhi), Goa Institute of Management (Goa) and University of Lucknow. His
research interests include Financial Intermediation and Integration of Financial Markets, Financial Risk Management & International Corporate Finance. He has conducted in company and open management development programmes on
Foreign Exchange Management, Risk Management and Financial Derivatives for officers of the Govt. of India and senior executives of both public and private sector companies.
Prof. Vinay Dutta, Professor, FORE School Of Management - Prof. Dutta is a an M.Com, CAIIB, PGDip. in IRPM. He has over two decades of experience in Banking, Corporate Sector and Training areas. Prior to joining FORE he
worked with Bank of India, Corporation Bank, Indus Ind Bank, International Travel House (An ITC Group Company) and National Institute of Banking and Corporate Studies. He has been regularly contributing articles on Banking,
Financial Services and Risk Management in Business Magazines. Undertaken Consulting assignment on Managed Funds for a reputed software development company.
* Dr. A K Puri, Director General, Fortune Institute of
International Business, New Delhi
- Dr. Puri has over 20 years of academic experience as faculty at the premier Management Institute's viz., IMT, Gaziabad, FORE School of Management and Fortune Institute of International Business and corporate experience of 14 years. Dr. Puri has conducted a series of Faculty Development Programmes sharing his expertise with over 100 faculty members of B-schools from around the country. He has been a recipient of the prestigious DNA & Stars of the Industry Group Innovative B-School Awards 2010 for 'Bschool Professors who continuously Innovate in Style & Substance for Academic Excellence' and by Dewang Mehta Business School Awards for 'Best Teacher in Financial Management'. Also, he has been conferred with 'Best Management Educator Award' by World Management Congress. Dr. Puri
is a Ph.D. from FMS, Delhi University, MBA from FMS from Delhi University, Diploma in Corporate Laws & Secretarial Practice (Indian Law Institute constituted by Supreme Court of India), Certified Associate of
Indian Institute of Bankers , M.Sc.(Delhi University). Dr. Puri has organized and conducted a series of in-company programs for private and public sector companies at IMT, FORE & Fortune Institute with repeat runs. Trained over
900 executives in MDP's so far.
Rs. 5,000/- (non residential). Accommodation facility will be provided to outstation participants against payment on request.
* Early bird
discount of 10% per participant for nominations received on or before 15th April 2010.
* One complimentary registration for every group of three nominations from the same organisation (3+1).
registration send a demand draft in favour of Fortune Institute of International Business, payable at New Delhi. to:
Chairperson, MDP Division
Fortune Institute of International Business
Rao Tula Ram Marg, New Delhi 110057
Phone: 011-47285023(D), 47285000
Mobile: +91 9810098210
Fax: 011- 26144279
Registration Closes On: 15th April 2010
For On-line Registration, click here.
For registration, please contact:
Chairperson, MDP Division
Fortune Institute of International Business
5, Rao Tula Ram Marg, Opp.R.&R. Hospital, New Delhi-110057
Phone: (M) 9810098210, 47285023 (D), 47285000; Fax: 011-26144279
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: