About the Workshop
Many research scholars pursuing their
PhD are at a critical stage of analyzing their data and many faculty members wishing to publish their work in good quality journals need to understand various analysis techniques to improve their chances of publication. Through a
comprehensive workshop on statistical data analysis, IMT - Nagpur is committed to bridge this gap and facilitate the scholars analyze their data on complex problems in area such as Social Sciences, Biological Sciences and the
related fields. The aim of the workshop is to provide a comprehensive understanding of statistical concepts relevant to scientific research and to give hands-on experience in applying SPSS software in solving research problems.
Workshop methodology will be followed in imparting relevant theoretical and practical inputs.
At the end of the program the participants will:
• Gain broader understanding of what, when and how to
use different statistical techniques
• Gain adequate expertise in handling SPSS software
• Exposed to various research data in different fields of scientific research
• Able to perform data analysis independently using SPSS
• Get opportunity to share and gain knowledge by interacting with scholars from multidisciplinary fields.
Statistical concepts (Theory)
• Variable and measurements
• Descriptive statistics
• Sampling and Sampling distribution
• Introduction to Hypothesis testing
• Parametric and Non parametric statistical tests
• Correlations and regression analysis
• Factor analysis
SPSS usage (Practical)
• Data entry and variable transformations
• Generating tables and graphs
• Frequency distributions and test of statistical assumptions
• Non parametric tests
• T- tests and ANOVA (one-way and two-way)
• Correlations (Bivariate and partial)
• Simple and multiple linear regression
• Factor analysis
• The program is exclusively designed for research
scholars (Ph.D & M.Phil) and college and University teachers who are actively engaged in research
• Even though the program is aimed for research workers in social science area, the program will also be of great use to
scholars from other fields like science and technology
• Corporate executives in the areas of marketing and consumer research will also be benefited
• The program is so designed to keep it jargon free and non mathematical
(knowledge of mathematics is not required)
Prerequisites for participation
• Albeit basic concepts will be reinforced in the program by way of theoretical inputs it is highly desirables on the part of
participants to have enough exposure in basic statistical concepts
• Ability to operate Computer-Windows and MS office package
• Self-motivation to learn through action learning and practice
Time and Venue
• Three days from 24-26, Aug 2011- 9.30am to 5.30pm
• Institute of Management Technology Nagpur (IMT Nagpur), 35 Km Milestone, Mouza-Dorli Katol Road, Nagpur-441502
• Rs. 4,000 for three days
which includes course fee, course materials and lunch and refreshments.
• For groups of three or more persons from the same Institute or Organization a discount of Rs. 250 per head is provided.
• The last date for registration is 17th Aug 2011 by 5.30pm
• Spot registration are also accepted subject to availability of seats
• The fee should be made through Crossed DD in favor of Institute of Management Technology,
Accommodation is available on Payment Basis. For further details contact us.
Dr. Rajendra Nargundkar
is the Director, Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur. He has over 25 years of work experience. He has to his credit numerous paper and article publications, case writing and authored 3 books in the area of marketing and the most popular one is "Marketing Research : (Text and Cases" Tata Mc Graw-Hill Publishers, 2009). He has taught MBA Level Courses and designed and coordinated Executive Development Programs. He had been guiding students at Postgraduate Level and has counseled many Ph.D students on statistical techniques appropriate for their research problems. He has also successfully handled Consultancy Projects. His areas of interest include World -class Marketing and Services Marketing.
Dr. V.S.R. Vijayakumar
is Professor- OB & HRM and Chairperson- Research & Ph.D at Institute of Management technology, Nagpur and is a former Professor of Psychology and Management. He has over 28 years of work experience in research, teaching and consultancy. He guided numerous Ph.D and M.Phi!. Level research and organized several statistics workshops of similar type throughout India. He has interest in the areas of quantitative models in HR, Managerial Psychology and Structural Equation Modeling.
Dr. S Malteshwaran
is Associate Professor in the area of Operations and Quantitative Techniques at Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur. He has close to 20 years of work experience. He has to his credit numerous paper publications and books in the area of Operations. He has taught MBA Level Courses and guided students at Postgraduate Level for their research projects. His areas of interest include Group Testing, Business Research Methods and Empirical research.
Dr. Sarbjit Singh Oberoi
is Assistant Professor- Operations Management at Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur. He has over 6 years of work experience in teaching, research, and consultancy. He has to his credit Nine Research Paper Publications. Three of his most reputed papers published in International Journal of Management Research and Technology", "Journal of Mathematics and Statistics" and "American Journal of Economics and Business Administration". He has taught MBA Level Courses and guided students at Postgraduate Level for their research projects. He has interest in the areas of Inventory Management, Supply Chain Management, Operation Research and Business Research Methods.
Dr. Preshtlt Bhardwaj
is Assistant Professor in the area of Marketing at Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur. He has close to 9 years of work experience. He has to his credit numerous paper publications and books in the area of Marketing. He has taught in MBA Level Courses, Executive programs and guided students at Postgraduate Level for their research problems. His areas of interest include Marketing Research, International Marketing, Brand Management, Marketing Management, Pharmaceutical Branding and Retailing and Healthcare Management.
ABOUT IMT NAGPUR
IMT-Nagpur has been conceptualized as a centre for managerial excellence and an institution conforming to global academic standards. To achieve its goals, lMT-Nagpur provides its students with
academic, extracurricular and other necessary faci lities to groom into 'leaders of the future'. Established in 2004 by Late Shri Mahendra Nath, the campus spreads over a sprawling campus of 27 acres at the outskirts of Nag pur.
Strategically located in the heart of the country, Nagpur is equidistant from all the major cities and is fast emerging as a hub for new-economy industries. IMT-Nagpur's state-of-the-art campus, amidst picturesque surroundings, is
a testimony to its commitment of becoming a top-of-the-line B-school in India. IMT-Nagpur also organizes Full time long duration residential Management Development Programs for Companies aimed at corporate executives, Research
Ms. Amruta Gahlod,
Faculty Research Associate
INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY, Nagpur
603, Khullar Apartments,Byramj i Town, Nagpur-4400 13
Tel: +91 712-2805304